Nearly 1,400 respondents in the education sector have already participated in a study through the HPO Insight™ improvement tool. These institutions know that improvement and innovation is required to improve performance. The Education industry is under strong pressure from new technologies as well as (market) developments in rapid succession.
The five HPO pillars are made up of 35 validated HPO characteristics. Below, you can find the average scores in the Education industry:
Quality of Management
Openness & Action Orientation
Continuous Improvement & Renewal
Quality of Employees
Global trends Education industry
- Technology will not only enhance education, it will drive learning of all kinds. The barrier of geography is being transcended by technology, creativity and a desire to “go global”.
- Multi-year housing plans are of strategic importance in the context of demographic trends, changing role of housing, and innovation in education (such as digitization)
- Blended learning, a renewed business model for educational institutions in which campus education is combined with online education and learning at the workplace
- Open education. Increasingly more, learning resources and learning methods are made available through open sources and free software
- School directors are asked to act as entrepreneurs more and more because of rapidly changing market conditions and government measures.
- Knowledge will be created and co-created, not simply “imparted” by teachers. Students are not just taking in facts, they are creating new knowledge.
Source: Rabobank Trend Report and The Center for Interactive Learning and Collaboration
What is required to continue innovation and improvement?
The HPO Insight™ improvement tool helps educational institutions to work on performance improvement and innovation in a focused way. New ways of working first require insight into the qualities and challenges of the internal organization. Without motivated employees and progressive leaders, the introduction of a new IT system, optimization of processes or change in supply, for example, will not be successful.
Benchmark Education industry
Nearly 1,400 managers and employees from the education industry have given the scores for the 35 HPO characteristics. The average results for, among other things, the five HPO factors have been filtered from this. Using HPO Insight™, you can find out how your internal organization is performing regarding these HPO characteristics and HPO factors, and you will receive the Key Improvement Areas (KIAs) for your (part of the) organization. You will also immediately gain insight into your performance compared with the education industry data in our HPO database.
With HPO Insight™, you know where you stand
Use HPO Insight™ to figure out how your organization is truly performing and what your KIAs are. How do you think your organization will score? Top of the sector? What are your strengths and what can you improve regarding the five HPO factors and the 35 underlying HPO characteristics?
Follow the footsteps of Avans+, Hogeschool Arnhem Nijmegen (HAN), Fontys Hogeschool, Iringa University College, Namibian Business school and Wageningen University & Research (WUR), and start working with HPO Insight™.
“We are well on track, but you are never done. What helps is that our proposition is right. The beauty of the HPO thinking is that you have a foundation on which you can build your long-term strategy. It helps tremendously in the terms of the organization’s mindset and it helps employees to understand better where you want to go together.”
Tineke Tromp – Director HR Wageningen University & Research